Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Expect the unexpected

Today has been one of those days that just didn't go like I thought it would. I've learned that those kinds of days are pretty common when you're married to a camp director and part of a Christian ministry organization. Some days the surprises are pleasant, and other days they aren't.

Usually for me the biggest disappointment happens when I put a lot of energy and effort into something, and then it turns out it wasn't needed after all. That happens a lot, unfortunately. I really dislike the stomach-achey feeling of finishing a task I invested a lot in only to find out that all of my hard work was for nothing.

Hm. I feel like I've blogged about this before. I'm pretty sure I whine about this alot, because I hate it so much. :/

But anyway, even though I am feeling somewhat disillusioned, I did get a lot done today. I made this enormous chart that lists all of the camp positions for the whole summer and has a place to write down who is filling each position during each week of the summer. It's pretty sweet because it allows us to see at a glance what positions still need to be filled and which are all taken care of. Because I didn't have any posterboard, I pieced it together out of twenty pieces of neon 8-1/2 x 11" paper. It looks good and it keeps us organized. (Which is a wonderful combination.) That was definitely the coolest thing I did all day ...

I need to go plan my lesson for tomorrow. I'm volunteering in an adult ESL class. Which is another story entirely. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment